SiteSucker is a Macintosh application that automatically downloads websites from the Internet. It does this by asynchronously copying the site's webpages, images, PDFs, style sheets, and other files to your local hard drive, duplicating the site's directory structure. Just enter a URL (Uniform Resource Locator), press return, and SiteSucker can download an entire website.
SiteSucker can be used to make local copies of websites. By default, SiteSucker "localizes" the files it downloads, allowing you to browse a site offline, but it can also download sites without modification.
You can save all the information about a download in a document. This allows you to create a document that you can use to perform the same download whenever you want. If SiteSucker is in the middle of a download when you choose the Save command, SiteSucker will pause the download and save its status with the document. When you open the document later, you can restart the download from where it left off by pressing the Resume button.
SiteSucker is made to run on Intel-based Macintosh computers and requires OS X 10.10.x Yosemite, OS X 10.11.x El Capitan, or greater. Of course, to download files, your computer will also need an Internet connection.
Users from around the world have translated SiteSucker from English into other languages. Currently, SiteSucker can be viewed in the following languages:
- French — Translation by Jean-Pierre Kuypers
- German — Translation by Christoph Schmitz
- Italian — Translation by Massimo Ruffinengo
- Portuguese — Translation by Paulo Neto
- Spanish — Translation by Borja Santos-Diez Vázquez
Click on the image below to get the latest version of SiteSucker from the Mac App Store.
The current version of SiteSucker is 2.8.4.
For earlier operating systems, the following versions of SiteSucker are available:
- For OS X 10.8.x Mountain Lion: SiteSucker 2.3.6
- For OS X 10.7.x Lion: SiteSucker 2.3.6
- For OS X 10.6.x Snow Leopard: SiteSucker 2.3.6
- For OS X 10.5.x Leopard: SiteSucker 2.3.3
- For OS X 10.4.x Tiger: SiteSucker 2.2.4
- For releases prior to OS X 10.4.x Tiger: SiteSucker 1.6.9
All versions of SiteSucker prior to version 2.5 are available from the Version History page.
SiteSucker help references online manuals that explain all of its features. You can access the manual for the current version of SiteSucker by clicking on one of the links below:
- English: SiteSucker Manual for OS X
- French: Manuel SiteSucker pour OS X
- Portuguese: Manual do SiteSucker para OS X
Email support is provided by the author: Rick Cranisky <email@example.com>.
Send in your feature requests, bug reports, user interface gripes, or anything else you have to say about SiteSucker. If you are having problems downloading a site, please provide the site's URL in your email message and some indication of your SiteSucker settings.