Guided Access is an iOS feature that limits your device to a single app and makes it easy to create an instant kiosk from your iPad. During a Guided Access session, you can use SiteSucker's Kiosk Mode option to let users view a downloaded site without allowing them to do anything else.
Here are the steps to enable Guided Access:
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose General > Accessibility > Guided Access.
- Flip the switch for Guided Access to ON.
- Tap Set Passcode and enter a passcode. This passcode prevents users from exiting Guided Access. Don’t forget your passcode, or you will have to wipe your iPad and start all over to disable Guided Access.
- Close the Settings app.
To start a Guided Access session, do the following:
- Open SiteSucker.
- Triple-click the Home button. The screen now shows you the app and a few settings for Guided Access.
- Tap the Options button next to the SiteSucker icon and make sure that Kiosk Mode is ON.
- Tap Start and your Guided Access session is started.
- Tap the Downloads tab in SiteSucker and select the site that you want to display.
- Tap the Enter Full Screen button (with the double arrows) in the toolbar to hide the status bar, navigation bar, and toolbar.
- Swipe up to show the toolbar. Only the Back and Forward buttons are available so users cannot exit the site.
Follow these steps to end the Guided Access session:
- Triple-click the Home button.
- Enter your passcode.
- Tap End to end your Guided Access session.
- SiteSucker exits full-screen mode and all buttons are now available in the web browser toolbar.